VOResource 1.1 implementation

Theresa Dower dower at stsci.edu
Tue Feb 27 19:12:13 CET 2018

Hello Registry,

In the interest of not losing momentum on this I've had a chance to play around with some of the proposed changes today, with the test ST registry running on Microsoft IIS and MSSQL server, having RegTAP, OAI, and non-standard search endpoints.

Namely:

* creator and contact/altIdentifier: adding a creator orcid was trivial and did not break ingest and related validation. Modifying our pretty-print resource browsing page to print it was trivial: this is important inasmuch as it does some xml validation separate from ingest. <http://vaotest.stsci.edu/directory/getRecord.aspx?id=ivo://mast.stsci/clash>

* rights/rightsURI: Added to a MAST HLSP service, with rightsURI link the self-hosted MAST data usage page and as the text a summarized acknowledgement text from that link. Did not break ingest. Modifying our pretty-print resource browsing page to print it was trivial: again, important inasmuch as it does some validation.

* We don't have any real restricted services to test interface/securityMethod with. If no one with a real use case steps up I can fudge it in test.

* We don't have any great candidates for interface/mirrorURL either. If no one with a real use case steps up I can fudge it in test.

* The RDF file linked in voresource doesn't exist at the given URL so I haven't looked at that yet, but freetext date/roles are fine in our architecture; we do not test against a controlled vocabulary.

Cheers,

--Theresa