New search application for the STScI NAVO Directory

Sarah Weissman sweissman at stsci.edu
Fri Feb 17 20:59:58 CET 2017

Hello all,

We are happy to announce that we have just released a new search application for the STScI NAVO Directory (aka the STScI Searchable Registry). You can find it here:

http://vao.stsci.edu/keyword-search/

The new search includes an updated interface with faceted browsing. The design is responsive so it can be used on tablets and phones. Additionally, any search URL can be used as an RSS or Atom feed in most modern readers.**

Please let us know if you have any feedback on the new interface or if you encounter any issues while searching. We also welcome feedback or suggestions on how to make the RSS/Atom feeds more useful, since this is a new feature for us. Feel free to reply with any comments on list. You can also reach out to the STScI registry development team at vo-registry at stsci.edu<mailto:vo-registry at stsci.edu>.

Thanks!
Sarah Weissman & the STScI/MAST registry team

** We used the Blacklight engine to build this new search tool. You can read more about Project Blacklight here: http://projectblacklight.org/