RI 1.1 redux: request for WG comments

Theresa Dower dower at stsci.edu
Tue Sep 13 16:55:52 CEST 2016

Hello all,

I've put together another iteration of the RI Interfaces 1.1 document (and now we're pretty sure it is 1.1, not 2.0), using feedback from and after the Stellenbosch interop. There are only a couple changes that haven't already been discussed, and I'd really like input on both of them. The .tex file and updated bibliography are in Volute; PDF is attached.

1. Utilizing #aux capabilities referencing IVOA standard service types for additional search capabilities IE RegTAP and beyond. This references a note in a more-formal IVOA document. I believe we are doing this elsewhere anyway.

2. Redefining the RofR's concept of a 'searchable' registry to include any registry with RISearch (old form, backward compatible) or IVOA-standard auxiliary capabilities beyind OAI-PMH. This is done because the RofR page distinguishes between publishing and fully searchable registries in a way that hadn't been codified before at all.

That's it.

Hope to see many of you in Trieste.
--Theresa