VOResource 1.1 internal Working Draft

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Apr 29 09:45:24 CEST 2016

Dear Registry folks,

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 04:58:20PM +0100, Mark Taylor wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2016, Markus Demleitner wrote:
>
> > Then, I've prepared an internal working draft for VOResource 1.1,
>
> Just minor things:
>
> typos:
>    I made a few fixes at r3356 - pretty uncontroversial I think,
>    but please check and revert if necessary.

Thanks for these.  A word of warning, though: The stuff between the
GENERATED and /GENERATED comments is taken directly from the schema
documentation elements and needs to be fixed there (i.e., in
VOResource-v1.1) to avoid losing it when the generated content is
updated.

[already copied those of Mark's changes that were affected]

> sec 2.2.4:
>    should 'xsi:type="Organisation"' read 'xsi:type="vr:Organisation"'?
>    I was confused by the lack of the prefix for this attribute in
>    the VOResource example too, but I *think* Menelaus has fixed that.

He has, indeed, and yes, it needed to be vr:Organisation in the main
text, too.

> sec 3.2.2, in discussion of Element securityMethod:
>    would this benefit from a reference to the SSO document?

Hm, I'm wondering.  My plan is to pest whoever I can catch of GWS and
see what they think should happen with securityMethod.  But of course
everyone else is cordially invited to contribute.  Me, lacking
significant experience in running non-public services (beyond
slapping HTTP basic auth with per-service credentials on some
services, which hardly counts), I don't feel competent in this entire
field.

Thanks,

           Markus