VODataService v1.0?

Ray Plante rplante at illinois.edu
Fri Apr 25 10:13:02 PDT 2014

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014, Mark Taylor wrote:
> does VODataService 1.0 exist?  In particular I'm concerned with the
> XML schema for the namespace http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VODataService/v1.0.

As a standard document, VODataService never got to a published 1.0.
Nevertheless, it is not illegal to use v1.0 in the registry, though we
would like to get those records upgrade.  (The VAO will be releasing
its upgraded records fairly soon.)

> Can anybody enlighten me?
>
> The particular question I want to answer is: if a VOSI capabilities
> document uses the http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VODataService/v1.0
> namespace for (e.g.) declaring interface xsi:type values,
> does that constitute an error?  I want to know so I can report
> correctly from the TAP validator taplint.

Right.  I had forgotten about this dependency--I'll actually have to
dependency.  If there's an easy recommendation to make, I'll float it
on the list.