VODataService v1.0?

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Apr 25 09:52:09 PDT 2014

Dear Registry,

does VODataService 1.0 exist?  In particular I'm concerned with the
XML schema for the namespace http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VODataService/v1.0.

On the IVOA Documents page I can only see references to document
versions 1.10 and 1.1.  The schema in the earliest listed draft
(WD-VODataService-1.1-20090508) has a target namespace of
http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VODataService/v1.1.

However, a schema does exist at the URL
http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VODataService/v1.0
with the target namespace http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VODataService/v1.0.
Also, Example 1 in section 5 of the VOSI 1.0 Recommendation
(http://www.ivoa.net/documents/VOSI/20110531/REC-VOSI-1.0-20110531.html#sec5)
declares

   xmlns:vs="http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VODataService/v1.0"

which it goes on to use for interface type declarations like:

   <interface xsi:type="vs:ParamHTTP" role="std">

Can anybody enlighten me?

The particular question I want to answer is: if a VOSI capabilities
document uses the http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VODataService/v1.0
namespace for (e.g.) declaring interface xsi:type values,
does that constitute an error?  I want to know so I can report
correctly from the TAP validator taplint.

Thanks

Mark