Question about registry support of general RESTful services.

Theresa Dower dower at stsci.edu
Wed Jan 4 13:23:04 PST 2012

Is there anywhere in the IVOA standards docs that I've somehow missed for describing generic RESTful services? The ParamHTTP standard doesn't quite fit for a lot of real-world cases. Beyond expanding queryTypes for ParamHTTP to include UPDATE/DELETE/ETC,  I also mean some kind of  support for parameters that are XML or JSON blobs.  This is already described in a hodgepodge of specialized interfaces for VOSI, TAP, VOSpace, etc, but what about non-standard DataServices? I know I'm out of the loop on some generic registry stuff and may have missed something. If not, I'm beginning to see the need for a general extension for it.

--Theresa Dower