conventions for registering collections

Andy Lawrence al at roe.ac.uk
Mon Apr 30 11:22:27 PDT 2012

Ray

an important topic !

My main comment is that such a discussion should be driven by users : either end users or providers or appplication writers. It needs to be driven by real world experience rather than Registry Philosophy as it were.

My secondary comment is that this is also about data publication toolkits. They are the places to hold cookbooks / examples of good practice etc.

  andy

Andy Lawrence : Regius Professor of Astronomy, University of Edinburgh
Institute for Astronomy,  Royal Observatory, Blackford Hill, Edinburgh, EH9 3HJ
Email al at roe.ac.uk   /  Phone +44-(0)131-668-8346  / Skype andyxlawrence
Admin contact : Paula Wilkie 0131-668-8403 paw at roe.ac.uk
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.