StandardsRegExt, schema change

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed May 11 07:36:16 PDT 2011

Hi RWGers,

Officially, the RFC period for StandardsRegExt ends May 14 (see
http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/StandardsRegExt10RFC);
however, we'll probably keep it going to a little past the Interop meeting
next week.  Then it will be on to the TCG review.

We did get one set of good comments so far from Mark Taylor, and I thought
I would highlight one recommendation that Mark made that the authors agree
with.  It's minor, but it does actually require changing XSD schema file.

Section 3.1.1 indicates how, when describing a standard, one can indicate
the "endorsedVersion" of the standard.  This element includes an optional
attribute, "status", with controlled values: "rec", "prop", "wd", and
"n/a" (for Recommendation, Proposed Recommendation, Working Draft, and not
applicable).  To match current usage in the IVOA, we want to change "prop"
to "pr".

I don't believe that there are any instances using the posted
StandardsRegExt schema out there in the wild, and even so, such a change
is likely to have very little impact; nevertheless, if anyone is aware of
an actual use of the schema that might be affected by change, note it to
the list.