VODataService: documenting foreign keys

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed May 27 08:52:40 PDT 2009

Hi RWGers,

We've had some great Registry sessions so far here in Strasbourg,
including the one in which we reviewed VODataService.  Since that session,
Gerard and Pat came up with what I think is a very good suggestion:  add
optional utype and description elements as children of the foreignKey
element.  The purpose is to allow table providers to document the purpose
of the foreign key, further helping a user understand how to join tables.

I have not added this to the schema and spec document, but I plan to by
the end of the week.  If you have any comments--particularly objections or
concerns--please share them this week.