Registry Providers: interoperability issues

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed May 20 05:46:59 PDT 2009

Hi,

This message is primarily directed at registry providers but also may be
of interest to app developers that access registries.

Next week, during the first Registry break-out, I would like to include a
discussion of registry interoperability issues.  An examples of issues
might include XML formatting that causes problems with harvesting or
concerns over how services are represented that affect how they are
discovered or used.

Regardless of whether you will be attending, I would appreciate it if you
could send at least a brief note to this list summarizing the issues.
These do not have to be fully explained in your note; however, if you will
not be at the meeting, then I will need to follow up with you to make sure
we have enough info to try to discuss it.

In a similar vein, I would also like to hear about any new registry
development that you might have planned for the next year.

thanks,