Trieste, Harvesting Experiences

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri May 9 03:47:17 PDT 2008

Hi registry providers and app developers,

The first Registry WG session at Trieste is dedicated for discussing the
recent upgrade.  I'd like to have plenty of open discussion in this
session, but it would be good to have some people get up at the beginning
to give us some things to talk about.

Is there anyone interested in presenting an issue on harvesting the new
records or on any effects of the new records on applications?

In the event that everything is working perfectly and we have nothing to
talk about, there is a provider-related topic I was targeting for the
second session that we can move up:  when our registry schemas evolve and
version numbers change, can we support multiple versions of registry
schemas?  I expect (hope) the answer is yes, but it would be good to
understand the impact.

thanks,