RI doc-WSDL mismatch

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 11 06:53:37 PDT 2008

Kevin,

I discovered that there's an inconsistancy between the RI keyword search
interface as described in the spec's text and the WSDL (both in the
appendix and the on http://www.ivoa.net/wsdl).  The text lists the inputs
as including "from" and "max" for specifying the range, while the WSDL
usess "from" and "to".  The text ("from" and "max") is consistent with our
discussion:

    Subject: from/to parameters
    http://www.ivoa.net/forum/registry/0606/1656.htm

    Subject: a version for recommended change to GetResource,GetIdentity
    http://www.ivoa.net/forum/registry/0606/1662.htm

My recommendation is to update the WSDL, including changing the namespace
to http://www.ivoa.net/wsdl/RegistrySearch/v1.0.1

Can people comment on how difficult this would be to update your
registries?  Note that "to" and "max" are semantically different: "max"
means "the maximum number of matched records to return. The service may
choose to return fewer."