multiple capabilities of the same kind

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 15 10:30:49 PST 2008

There are three possibilities:

    o	Two separate resources, each with one SIA capability, one for
	"archival", the other for "cutout".

    o	Two separate SIA capabilities for the same resource, one for
	"archival", the other for "cutout".

    o	A single SIA capability for a single resource, which can
	return either archival datasets or cutouts, leaving it to
	the client runtime to sort these out.

Either of the first two options is probably preferred.  So long
as service discovery is based upon resource+capability pairings,
it doesn't much matter so far as service discovery and access is
concerned, although it might affect how things look in a registry view.

(Ultimately we will have the generic dataset query as well, which
could also return archival datasets.)

	- Doug