multiple capabilities of the same kind

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Fri Feb 15 10:06:06 PST 2008

On 2008-2-15 07:09, Doug Tody wrote:
> Another common case might be two (eg) SIA services of different types,
> e.g., one finds only whole images, the other does cutouts, but they
> access the same data.

This was the case I was going to point out, as our services support cutouts
but we would like to provide users the option of getting cutouts or complete
data files. While we currently do not deploy both services, it would be nice
to be able to register everything in a way that makes it clear.

I suppose on the SIA registration side there is the "service-for" concept that
would be equal for the 2+ SIAs that service the same data.... is that
duplicating this same multiplicity Paul is talking about. (Note: I haven't
kept up on the "SIA as a capability of a resource" thing).

--

Patrick Dowler
Tel/Tél: (250) 363-6914                  | fax/télécopieur: (250) 363-0045