Should the cursor/completeListSize attributes of resumptionToken elements be in the OAI-OMH namespace?

Douglas Burke dburke at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 30 09:02:34 PDT 2008

The RofR returns the following heavily-redacted document from a
ListRecords query:

  <OAI-PMH xmlns="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/" ...>
    <resumptionToken cursor="0" completeListSize="3"></resumptionToken>
   </ListRecords></OAI-PMH>

whereas the HEASARC registry (as well as others) returns

  <oai:OAI-PMH xmlns:oai ="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/"
    <oai:resumptionToken cursor="0"
completeListSize="472">ivo_managed!!!ivo_vor!100</oai:resumptionToken>
   </oai:ListRecords></oai:OAI-PMH>

So, in the RofR case. the cursor and completeListSize attributes of the
OAI resumptionToken element use the
"http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/" namespace, whereas they do not
have an explicit namespace in the HEASARC case. In other words, I was
expecting the HEASARC output to look like

   <oai:resumptionToken oai:cursor="0" oai:completeListSize="472">...

Which is right? Does it really matter (in my toy application I can just
look for the cursor attribute in either namespace, so it's not a deal
breaker for me)?

Thanks,
Doug

   Doug Burke                | http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~dburke/
   Harvard-Smithsonian       | Email:  dburke at cfa.harvard.edu
     Center for Astrophysics | Phone:  (617) 496 7853
   60 Garden Street MS-2     | Fax:    (617) 495 7356
   Cambridge, MA 02138       | Office: B-440