all upgraded pub. registries available

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 23 20:51:47 PDT 2008

Registry Providers,

Hopefully, I don't actually have to make this announcement, but you (or
your systems) will already know:  All registries that were scheduled to be
upgraded for harvesting under the RI v1.0 standard are now available via
the Registry of Registries; the list of registries is available at
http://rofr.ivoa.net/.  If you run a v1.0 harvester and do not have it
turned on, I would invite you to do so.

I recommend that you do a fresh, full dump to start with, rather than
incremental.  One reason for this is that we recommended that publishing
reigistries need not continue to keep records from their old registry that
have been marked as deleted.

In the coming weeks, it would be good to keep an eye on our systems and
spot an potential tpoblemsn.  This way we can discuss the results and
any problems in Trieste.

thanks to everyone for the big push.  Now let's make sure it works!