Where art thou Registries and RofR

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 24 21:20:22 PST 2007

Hi Kevin,

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, KevinBenson wrote:
> Curious where are people at on having some 1.0 Registries?

I apologize for the silence since the holidays.  A major competitor for
our attention in the NVO (especially mine) during Dec. and Jan. has been
preparing our book.  I can't really work on much else until I get my bits
finished off by next week.  After that, my top priority will be finishing
the deployment of the RofR, as we have several registries that are now at
the stage to be validated and shared.  On that same timescale, I will
reinitiate discussion of a new transition schedule.

As for the NVO status, we two registries (Caltech and HEASARC) that are
more or less ready for the RofR and two that we're still working on (STScI
and NCSA).

Thanks for the updated links on your registries--I will definitely use
them to do the final testing of the RofR's validater.