STC in VOResource records

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Jan 3 10:15:23 PST 2007

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 07:27, Ray Plante wrote:
> A publishing registry shall be responsible for creating IDs within STC
> descriptions which are globally unique.  The convention for doing this
> will be to use an ID of the following form:
>
>      <resource's authority id>_<resource's resource key>_<coordsys key>
>
> where all slashes are substituted with dashes (-) or underscores (_).

Can we just pick one separator rather than  two optional ones? Does this mean
these separators should not (cannot) be used within authority id or resource
key or coordsys key?

PS-I would prefer underscore to dash as a separator, but I am sure it will
bite me someday :(

--

Patrick Dowler
Tel/Tél: (250) 363-6914                  | fax/télécopieur: (250) 363-0045