STC in VOResource records

KevinBenson kmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jan 2 02:18:46 PST 2007

Trying to check the final decision?
I suspect we are going with Paul's first suggestion of changing the 'id'
during publishing.  I would suggest that if we use the {identifier} of
that same resource record then it will always be unique and don't have
to worry about problems when harvesting the records.  Also clients if
told this can quite easily remove the identifier string part if desired
(when they do queries) plus each registry implementations does not have
to come up with some kind of unique string as long as they use the
identifier.

so the id would be come id='{identifier of this Resource
record}#UTC-FK5-TOPO'

As far as the user inputs I would rather they just put in UTC-FK5-TOPO
and let the registry implementation via XSL, DOM, (or however) should be
able to figure out if the {identifier} is there or not and to add it,
but this is more of an individual registry implementation.

Does this all sound good and correct?  If so then I can make the fix and
start the upgrading very soon.

cheers,
Kevin