tentative agenda for IVOA Interop

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 5 04:16:05 PDT 2007

Hi RWGers,

Thanks to everyone that responded to my query for topics.  There was a lot
of synchronicity in your feedback.  Below is a tentative agenda; although,
the scheduling details are stil being worked out.

   Reg1:  Upgrade Progress & Issues
   Reg2:  Extensions schemas: (VOEvent, VOApp, VOStd)
   Reg3:  Advanced Discovery: Inventories, Footprints, & Ontologies

Note that DAL2 will have presentation and discussion related to Reg2 about
an extension schema for SSA and the relationships between the VOResource
schema and the DAL service method "getCapabilities".  Either (or possibly
both) of DAL2 and Reg2 will feature a presentation on how to extend
VOResource for a new service protocol.

Reg3 is be a discussion of some of the latest efforts in resource
discovery, most of which sit on top of the registry.  We hope to hear
about some of these and discuss how these might affect the registry in the
future.