Request for Contact.PhoneNumber

roy at cacr.caltech.edu roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Fri May 19 11:23:15 PDT 2006

Dear Mr and Mrs Registry

I would like to request on behalf of the VOEvent WG for an additional tag
to be added to the Curation section of the Registry Metadata schema(*).

I would suggest the name Contact.PhoneNumber.

The reason is that the VOEvent packet is intending to allow event author
metadata to be semantically equivalent to an Organization in the sense of
the registry. When an event arrives in the middle of the night, it is
critical that a phone number be available, in addition to the
Contact.Email which is all the current document has.

Thank you for your attention to this

Roy Williams
VOEvent WG Chair

(*) http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/PR/ResMetadata/RM-20051115.html, section