XQuery implementation for registries which have relational tables

Brian Thomas brian_thomas at earthlink.net
Thu May 18 09:22:10 PDT 2006

	Hi,

	I thought I would mention that we wrote some code a while back to beable
	to wrap relational databases with XML document, and hence, enable XQuery
	searches which descend into the relational tables, and return back as a proper
	XML document. Because the data are largely still held within the relational tables,
	the search is sped up (in theory) over execution over just a XML document.

	This should make it much easier to have both ADQL and XQuery support within
	the registries.

	The code is checked into the NVO CVS site if people are interested:

	http://viewcvs.cacr.caltech.edu/us-vo/viewcvs.cgi/contrib/voorml

	=brian