Mistakes in registry

Gretchen Greene greene at stsci.edu
Tue Feb 7 08:57:30 PST 2006

Sorry about the name typo Aurelien...

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-registry at eso.org [mailto:owner-registry at eso.org] On Behalf
Of Gretchen Greene
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 11:48 AM
To: registry at ivoa.net
Subject: RE: Mistakes in registry

Hi Aurelian,

The next VOResource schema standard will include the validationLevel.
Here are definitions that I received which may answer some of your
questions (I'm not sure where these are posted on the IVOA Twiki, Ray?).

-Gretchen

ResourceValidationLevel (int)

Definition:  A numeric grade describing the quality of the resource
description and interface, when applicable, to be used to indicate the
confidence an end-user can put in the resource as part of a VO
application or research study.  The allowed values are:

0        The resource has a description that is stored in a registry.
This
level does not imply a compliant description.

1        In addition to meeting the level 0 definition, the resource
description conforms syntactically to this standard and to the encoding
scheme used.

2        In addition to meeting the level 1 definition, the resource
description refers to an existing resource that has been demonstrated to
be functionally compliant.  When the resource is a service, it is
considered to exist and to be functionally compliant if use of the
Service.InterfaceURL or Service.BaseURL responds without error when used
as intended by the resource.  If the service is a standard one, it must
also demonstrate the response is syntactically compliant with the
service standard in order to be considered functionally compliant.  If
the resource is not a service, then the ReferenceURL must be shown to
return a document without error.

3        In addition to meeting the level 2 definition, the resource
description has been inspected by a human and judged to comply
semantically to this standard as well as meeting any additional minimum
quality criteria (e.g., providing values for important but non-required
metadata) set by the human inspector (see comment below).

4        In addition to meeting the level 3 definition, the resource
description meets additional quality criteria set by the human inspector
and is therefore considered an excellent description of the resource.
Consequently, the resource is expected to be operate well as part of a
VO application or research study.