Mistakes in registry

Aurelien Stebe Aurelien.Stebe at sciops.esa.int
Tue Feb 7 08:28:24 PST 2006

Just to answer a few comments to messages I read.

Ray, yes I had a look at your ConeSeach checker. It's very good and
looks a lot
like the approach I used for SIAP curation (except that you have a nice
web page for presentation :)  ).
I would definitly be interested in sharing efforts on this. Let's do
that out of the list.

Jean-Christophe and Noel, as we all can see curation of resources and
services begins to be a
real hot topic. Though, I think we should distinguish 3 types of
curation or validation.
The resource entry in the registry (valid, complete and up to date), the
service/application
(if it's a IVOA service, it has to be compliant with the specification)
and finaly the
quality of the data or application itself, which can be, as Noel pointed
out, quite tricky.

I think that for the moment the first 2 types are the most important.
There is also the reliability issue (slow servers, down from time to
time, 404 errors, ...)
that could be talked about. Is it taken into account in the
"validationLevel" element ?

Cheers,
Aurelien