applications software metadata

Roy Williams roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Tue Feb 7 07:19:26 PST 2006

On Feb 6, 2006, at 2:12 PM, Robert Hanisch wrote:
> Here is a V0.1 draft of applications software metadata.

I would like to start a mechanism to register VOEvent servers. Every
service that can resolve VOEvent identifiers should be part of the
registry infrastructure. Services would have specialized metadata with
information about which protocols are used, how it uses iamalive
packets, if it publishes original or aggregated or filtered streams,
where the content comes from, who is in charge, etc etc.

(a) How do I get such registry extensions properly built and approved?
There are quite a few registry extensions now, do we all work
independently or is there an IVOA process?

(b) Is this part of the Applications metadata thread or am I in the
wrong place? If the latter, is this purely a matter for the VOEvent WG,
or would Registry WG get involved?

Roy

California Institute of Technology
626 395 3670