applications software metadata

Noel Winstanley Noel.Winstanley at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Feb 7 02:55:33 PST 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 00:46, Malapert Jean-Christophe wrote:
> When you use a library in a software, you want to know if your library
> is reliable or not. You can see a service as a distant library. Is it
> possible to include a quality criterion in the resource ? Quality should
> be given by a validator.

I don't think it's feasible to assess the quality of each resource or
application - quality is a very slippery, subjective term, as it depends on
the context that the resource is being used in.

Poor old Robert Pirsig tied himself in knots over defining quality - we don't
want to go down that route :)..

cheers
noel.

--
http://wiki.astrogrid.org/bin/view/Main/NoelWinstanley
Senior Java Developer, Astrogrid Project.