registry search client

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 23 12:38:03 PDT 2006

Hi Folks,

I'm gradually catching up after my vacation.  I want to let you know that
I have posted to the twiki a Java registry search client that can be used
to test our registry search interfaces.  You can find it at
RegUpgradeSummer2006
(http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/RegUpgradeSummer2006) as a zip
file called ireg-linux.zip.

It includes a *nix shell wrapper script that allows you to access search
functions from the command line (Windows version coming soon).  After
unpacking the zip file, you can find the documentation for this tool
inside bin/regsearch.  This tool is still a little clunky for use in
scripts, but it is definitely useful for debugging.  In particular, -x
option will print out the SOAP messages coming and going.