Kyoto sessions

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Wed May 11 13:24:37 PDT 2005

Hi all. Sorry I've been so quiet in recent months (stop that cheering, Roy).

Since Ray's been doing a great job recently of tracking and guiding all the
discussions, I asked him to suggest a layout for our three sessions in Kyoto
that took the original layout and had it reflect the current issues. With
your approval, then, I'll go with his suggestion of:

   Session 1:  Resource data model issues:
                * RM v1.1 (Bob)
                * VOResource v1.0 (Ray)
                * Registering applications & UWS (Guy)
               Curation Part 1
                * statement of issues
                * verificationLevel (pt 1)

   Session 2:  Registry Interface
                * State of the spec. (Kevin)
                * VORegistry schema (for registering registries) (Ray)
	         Open issues:
                    ADQL
                    registry-updatable information
                    harvestFrom (probably dead)
               State of Registry implementations? (ALL)

   Session 3:  Curation Part 2
                * finishing discussion of verificationLevel
                * roadmap for curation practices?
               Future plans
                * one spec to bind them all?
                * future interop opportunities?

I'll publish this on the IVOA pages since it is getting a little late in the
day but we can put it back if there are serious objections to the changes.

What I would also like to ask for is volunteers for presentations in the
three sessions. I've added some names to the schedule above where I think
the named person should kick off with a summary presentation of the current
state-of-play and issues to be decided. But further presentations in those
areas are welcome, as are lead ones for the other areas (e.g. who wants to
lead the curation discussion).

Also, any chance of real-live demos of capabilities during the last part of
Session 2? Who is volunteering from the projects?

As usual I'll act as referee and push for decisions/actions and generally do
my best to annoy everyone equally!

See you all there.

__
Tony Linde
Phone:  +44 (0)116 223 1292      Mobile: +44 (0)7753 603356
Fax:    +44 (0)116 252 3311      Email:  Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Skype:  callto:tonylinde (home)  callto:tonylinde2 (work)
Post:   Department of Physics & Astronomy, University of Leicester
        Leicester, UK   LE1 7RH
Web:    http://www.star.le.ac.uk/~ael

Project Manager, EuroVO VOTech   http://eurovotech.org
Programme Manager, AstroGrid     http://www.astrogrid.org