General Web services in Registry schema

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Wed May 11 11:34:34 PDT 2005

It's news to me that any AG services lack the ?WSDL feature.  I'll have to
get together with Paul and find out what the problem is. I expect that it's to
do with Axis not being able to process the Java beans that we use for
mapping XML (some are made with Castor) and therefore not being able to deduce
the WSDL from the java classes.

In general, letting Axis infer WSDL from Java _at run time_ is a bad habit,
and the plan is that AG services will be altered to use pre-written WSDL.
Thus, I think we _can_ require that VO services do the ?WSDL thing and AG will
conform eventually, hopefully before 2006.

Cheers,
Guy

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk