new IVOA Registry Interface Spec

Aurelien Stebe aurelien.stebe at sciops.esa.int
Wed Mar 9 03:25:31 PST 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm Aurelien STEBE, working on the registry at ESAC - ESA in Villafranca.
I read the new specs and had some comments/questions about it.

First, I noticed that the reference to the ADQL namespace changed from
the 0.7.4 version to the 0.8 one.
This new version introduces the in(/ex)clusiveSearchType and the
subQuerySet / ConstantListSet.
This last one can be useful for queries on the registry, but do we need
the subQuery one ?
I don't see the use of sub queries on an XML doc and
it would mean the need to support the "select" element among others.

By the way, I guess registries aren't required to support the xMatchType
and regionSearchType.
Maybe it should be specified in the specs.

And second, I believe the "GetRegistries" method should be placed in the
harvesting interface,
since it's certainly used by harvesters only.
In any case, for a registry implementing the OAI sets for resource types,
it is the same as the listRecords using the 'Registry' set.

Finaly, will a new WSDL be released to reflect the changes ?

Cheers,

Aurelien