VOResource v1.0 IWD

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 10 12:11:32 PDT 2005

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Ed Shaya wrote:
> We just use a regex for DateTime and make the hms optional.

Certainly this is straightforward if you are writing your own (say, SAX)
parser.  We are specifically talking about the very common case where
parsers are generated automatically, i.e. XML-software binding tools, such
used with Web Service toolkits.  The questions are for a given schema
definition technique,

  o  does the code generator support the technique, i.e. produce
     serializer/deserializers that work?

  o  is the generated code any good in an OO sense and convenient to use?