Relative links in schemata

Arnold Rots arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 13 07:16:57 PST 2005

That's true, but if you use the argument that it's important for
imported schemata to work locally AND over the net, doesn't the same
apply to imported schemata, and wouldn't that argue in favor of using
a relative  SchemaLocation in hat case, too?
Conversely, if you want import to default to the net location by not
providing an explicit location, shouldnt you argue that include should
also point to the network locaion of the schema?

What I'm getting at is that it seems to me that the arguments for
import and include defaults are inconsistent.

Cheers,

  - Arnold

Ray Plante wrote:
> Hey Arnold,
>
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Arnold Rots wrote:
> > Now I'm confused (again).
> > I thought your recommendation, albeit for import, was to omit the
> > SchemaLocation, so it would default to the URI of the namespace.
> > Which says that the intent is to always get the schema from the
> > network.  Did we change our mind on this?
>
> With include, you have no choice--you have to have a schemaLocation (since
> the files must have the same namespace).
>
> sorry for the confusion,
> Ray

Arnold H. Rots                                Chandra X-ray Science Center
60 Garden Street, MS 67                              fax:  +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu