New helper query interface method

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 13 08:04:48 PDT 2005

Hi,

> GetResource

I think it would be good to have an explicit identifier resolver function,
even though this is possible directly with the constraint-based search.
(In fact, we should define it as being equivalient to a search with the
constraint "identifier='{ivo-id}'".)  An immediate use for this would be
to check that an authority ID is not already registered; however, I can
imagine other applications using this.

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Matthew J. Graham wrote:
> But this is exactly the same as the OAI GetRecord method?

The proposal is to make it specifically part of the Search interface
(which should be independent of the Harvesting interface).