RofR

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Apr 13 02:32:27 PDT 2005

> OK my language is loose here - what I mean is searching on
> the records
> that belong to a particular AuthorityID - this is the basic unit of
> ownership of records, and is the smallest unit that we can attach
> diffent management functionalities to within a registry.

Thanks Paul. But I would still maintain that the authID is meaningless.
Searching for records that belong to a particular authID only gives you
records that belong to a particular authID. Any rationale for grouping
records under an authID is purely down to the person/org which owns that
authID and cannot be assumed to be the same rationale for any other authID.
If you know the rationale for a given authID and want to use that as part of
a query then you can do so, but if you already know that much, you probably
also know the specific resource you want to use anyway.