RofR

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Tue Apr 12 07:34:19 PDT 2005

> No, for an extensible system you cannot have a default of
> "All" - ...

Yes you can if your system is capable of storing data in any schema. And
that is what I expect from what we've termed 'full' registries. The registry
does not have to understand the schema just store it - this can be done
whatever the schema.

> ...registry should not harvest records with namespaces
> that it does not understand.

I agree. If a registry is only going to send back data for certain schemas
then it ought not store and serve up such data partially.

But a registry *could* choose to store only the voresource part of a record
and, if a user entered a query which matched that record, could then pull
the whole record back from the owner registry and serve it back to the
client unchanged. How we indicate to the user agent that the registry is
full from the resource point of view but not from the extension pov I don't
know.