RofR

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Mon Apr 11 11:20:41 PDT 2005

> Yes, but a search against some of those extension parts will
> not then work so you are not fully searchable :-^

Good point, Matthew. We simply have to accept that some registry
implementations cannot search on some extensions without those extensions
being hard coded in.

> I think
> having a list of supported schema per registry gives us the
> graduation that is required instead of trying to use binary
> categories like full/not full which plainly do not work.

You only need the list for registry implementations which cannot handle
extensions without recoding so the default (i.e. if no schemas listed) would
be that the registry allows searching of the whole registry.

So, given that, I think that adding this information into a registry
resource record would make sense.