registry matrix picture

Pierre Fernique fernique at simbad.u-strasbg.fr
Fri Apr 8 09:28:05 PDT 2005

Roy Williams wrote:
> Enclosed is a picture of the registry situation as of January, as seen
> by the small number of people that I talked to. The world is centered on
> Caltech for some reason.......
>
> The thick red means an active registry, the thin line a proposed one
> that is nearly ready. The arrow means that harvesting is/has occured.
>
> I would be interested in revising this picture. Please can you comment?
>
> Roy
>
> --------
> California Institute of Technology
> roy at caltech.edu
> 626 395 3670

Just notice that there is also a gateway between STScI/JHU OAI and GLU
system (demonstrated at Pune). A CDS machine harvests the STScI site
(time to time for demos) and filters and translates result in GLU syntax.
When the registry content curation will be done, this gateway could
redistribute them in the GLU system. So we could overlay this map with
the GLU map (about 15 automatic synchronized sites).

Regards
Pierre