registry-updatable data

Aurelien Stebe aurelien.stebe at sciops.esa.int
Thu Apr 7 03:01:36 PDT 2005

I think we need to keep the status attribute, because otherwise how
would the deletion
of a resource by its publisher be transmitted and repercuted through the
whole VO.
Liveliness could be more descriptive. Is the resource a living project
(more data is still added),
a completed project (or is this what active/inactive status means ?),
not always accessible,
not really stable, working but not maintained anymore, not working at
all, ....

For the verification, I'm talking about the compliance of the service to
the specifications.
Agreed that the data content quality shouldn't be juged.
The xml validation of the resource metadata shouldn't either.
This is the responsability of the registry curator.

Here is an idea to put both verification levels together : a score from
0 to 99.
- 0 : no score given yet.
- 10 : usable resource metadata, but really poor.
- 20 : more complete resource metadata.
- 30 : xml schema validation of the resource output.
- 40 : full resource metadata (with coverage, region, ...).
- 50 : compulsory methods/functionalities implemented.
- 60 : optional methods/functionalities implemented.
- 70 : service human tested.
- 80 : service human tested ... and pleased.
- 90 : well-known reliable resource.
- 99 : perfect, don't touch anything.

This gives a margin between each step. A resource with a lot of schema
errors should get 21/22.
If there is only one or two warnings, it gets 29. if it hasn't
implemented a brand new spec functionality : 49.
The order of importance might not be correct. The compulsory methods
implementation
is perhaps more important than the full coverage/region metadata.

cheers,
Aurelien