Pune meeting

Pierre Fernique fernique at simbad.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Sep 20 08:00:16 PDT 2004

Tony Linde wrote:
> Hi all, can I get some idea of how many people are attending the IVOA
> Interop meeting in Pune and interested in discussing registry issues? Please
> reply if you are going and say which registry topic(s) you want discussed.
>
> Thanks,
> Tony.
>
> __
> Tony Linde
> Phone:  +44 (0)116 223 1292    Mobile: +44 (0)7753 603356
> Fax:    +44 (0)116 252 3311    Email:  ael at star.le.ac.uk
> Post:   Department of Physics & Astronomy,
>         University of Leicester
>         Leicester, UK   LE1 7RH
>
> Project Manager,            Director,
> AstroGrid                   Leicester e-Science Centre
> http://www.astrogrid.org    http://www.e-science.le.ac.uk/

Hi Tony, Hi all,

For the Registry Work Session, I prepared a few slides and a short
demonstration on our experience with the current IVOA registry
implementation. In two words, we developed a gateway from IVOA registry
(from STScI site) to GLU offering to the Aladin user an homogeneous
access to all IVOA resources through a general Aladin metadata tree.

So I can present live or in powerpoint this experience and some remarks
about this exercise, and notably in which directions it seems to require
more reflexion for a more "efficient" VO registry.

Regards,
Pierre Fernique