Error column in VOResource

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Tue May 18 09:30:05 PDT 2004

Right back at ya :) ... How does an application know how to handle metadata
that conforms to no known standard? Whatever the problems for the registry,
they are a thousand times worse for the apps since there'll be thousands of
applications wanting to use the resources.

I don't understand how the metadata can be dynamic (other than by a data
centre accumulating more data). Surely the coverage of a dataset, say, is
based on the data in it? Even virtual data has to be generated from some
real data and it is on that data that the metadata is based.

Maybe some examples would help, Doug.

Tony.