Error column in VOResource

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue May 18 09:18:54 PDT 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Martin Hill wrote:
> > Yes, since this applies only to tabular data and data services,
> > VODataService seems the most appropriate place to put it.  More
> > importantly, table descriptions lie at the more unstable end of our schema
> > development (as illustrated by this email ;-) so it's best not to have it
> > in the core.
>
> But it *is* included in the VOResource schema?  So isn't it part of the
> core anyway?  Not sure how this stuff is organised...

The Registry metadata twiki page
(http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/IVOARegWp03#VOResource_a_Resource_Metadata_S)
attempts to describe how things are organized.

VOResource is intended to restrict itself to the metadata described in
Resource Metadata document (http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/latest/RM.html).
Column description is not included among the metadata defined there.