Error column in VOResource

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Tue May 18 08:17:38 PDT 2004

> An important question is, do you see "ErrorColumn" being
> useful for choosing/locating a resource?  (as opposed to
> querying the table itself.)

Can we really say of any metadata that no-one will want to use that piece of
structure of metadata to locate the resource? I suspect not. VOResource
should include all metadata as part of its specification and a registry must
be able to return all the metadata within the VOResource structure but any
particular instance of a registry may be implemented so that it caches all
such metadata or not - that is an implementation decision - but the registry
is the interface whereby all the metadata is returned - an application
should not have to have the responsibility of querying resources for their
metadata - the registry is a one stop shop for all metadata.

T.