Error column in VOResource

Clive Page cgp at star.le.ac.uk
Tue May 18 08:04:32 PDT 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Roy Williams wrote:

> But what happens when there is an error ellipse, RA, Dec, and the three
> components RA.RA and Dec.Dec and RA.Dec of the covariance.

How often does this happen Roy?  I don't know of any standard catalogues
where there's a covariance, and I don't think we've got a UCD to handle
this case either, have we?  If it's a very rare case, maybe we can agree
to ignore it, whereas quite a good proportion of tables have explicit and
separate RA and DEC errors, and all the rest have them implicit.

--
Clive Page
Dept of Physics & Astronomy,