roadmap

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri May 14 07:06:11 PDT 2004

Hi Tony,

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Tony Linde wrote:
> ===
>  3. Agree modified Registry Harvesting draft (RH) v0.2
>      30-May-2004
>
>  4. Create draft Registry Interface spec (RI) v0.1 (incl harvesting & query)
>      30-May-2004
> ===
> Since RI includes RH, we don't need the first if they can be done by 30-May.
> But what makes you think we can agree a registry query spec by 30-May?
> There's been very little discussion on it to date: we can schedule some time
> for this in Boston but I'm very sceptical that we could agree an approach
> based on an hour or two discussion.

I had hoped that we would have had more discussion of the documents that
are out there relating to RH & RI this month.  (Kevin & I have exchanged
a couple emails but more is discussion is needed.)  I will generate some
discussion in this next week to get a better idea of where we are on the
documents.

I think, then, that we'll have to adjust the roadmap accordingly.
This last month has been very busy for us, but summer will be our time to
test out proposed interfaces.