roadmap

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Fri May 14 06:34:45 PDT 2004

Hi Ray,

===
 3. Agree modified Registry Harvesting draft (RH) v0.2
     30-May-2004

 4. Create draft Registry Interface spec (RI) v0.1 (incl harvesting & query)
     30-May-2004
===
Since RI includes RH, we don't need the first if they can be done by 30-May.
But what makes you think we can agree a registry query spec by 30-May?
There's been very little discussion on it to date: we can schedule some time
for this in Boston but I'm very sceptical that we could agree an approach
based on an hour or two discussion.
===
 5. Demonstrate viability of RMS v0.91 and RI v0.1 between projects
     1-Jun-2004 to 30-Aug-2004
===
And unless the agreement on querying is to adopt an XQuery/XPath approach
similar to that already employed by AstroGrid, we certainly won't be able to
trial it by 30-Aug: our Iteration06 will use the current method and isn't
due to finish until 30-Aug.

I'll not go on as the RI date is the core difference between the two
roadmaps.