roadmap

Gretchen Greene greene at stsci.edu
Wed Mar 10 09:58:48 PST 2004

It looks like we are getting to the point a lack of
documentation at least I can see where I've not taken the
time to publish parts of registry design nor interfaces.  The
main reason being is that we've been rapidly prototyping and
are not quite sure when a standard is truly a standard.

The interesting thing is that the questions Tony asks are key
interface issues.  We've been focusing a lot on isolated
components (at least i have,  can't speak for everybody),
but now the intefaces standards are evolving.

Well...hopefully this isn't coming across too strange.
Anyway,  it would be nice to consider a discussion on the
standard interface protocols and how far off they are from
where we are now, case in point: DIS talking to single
registry as to DIS being able to query any registry.

Cheers, Gretchen