roadmap

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Wed Mar 10 06:40:21 PST 2004

Thanks Bob & Ray (great double act!).

The question is: what is in the registry? A) does it conform to the schema?
B) what records does it contain?

If we added an AstroGrid datacentre service, would it know that this service
needed to be invoked using the SkyService methods using ADQL v0.8.1 (or
whichever version we're using in AstroGrid at the moment)? And if not, would
it recognise that it could not use this service even if it found it via the
registry query criteria?

Also, given the results:

   Images (FITS/GIF)
Optical 		DSS1 SV
X-ray 		RASS B
   Observations (VOTable)
Optical 		HST(100)
Radio 		NCSA ADIL(9)
X-ray 		ROSAT(2) 		ROSPUBLC(2)
UV 			Copernicus(2) 		EUVE(3)
FUSE(4)
   Objects (VOTable)
Surveys 		USNO-A2.0(3) 		GSC1(88)
GSC2.2(649)
Stars 		HIP(1)

Which registry fields are being used to make the above subdivisions?