roadmap

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Wed Mar 10 03:21:48 PST 2004

> Why to wait for the full implementation when a pragmatic
> step-by-step approach will help everybody (users, data
> provider, and even registry developers)?

I'm not suggesting we spend the next two years doing nothing but talking.
The roadmap shows extensive development and testing of the schema.

> Before getting to the most sophisticated registry, which can
> automatically bind to and invoke services, ...

That's why I asked the question. If no-one else in the world wants to run
any of the services we are registering then maybe AstroGrid has to create
the standards and then hand them over to IVOA, but the AstroGrid project is
doing this NOW. Our goal is that in a workflow you can invoke data services
and tools and string the output from one to the input of another. To do
this, the registry must return the necessary information (either from its
own store or by getting metadata from the individual services) to the
workflow component.