VOResourcev0.10

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Fri Jun 25 17:04:34 PDT 2004

Hi Ray,

I am working on converting my XForms stylesheet to use the new schema and
a little issue has come up regarding namespaces (unsurprisingly): I note
that facility and instrument are defined in both VOResource and
VODataService but under different namespaces. This means that the
<facility> of an Organisation is vr:facility but the <facility> of a
SkyService is vs:facility.

I think that this could cause ambiguities for XPath/XQuery queries when
namespaces are being used, not necessarily for the user but maybe for the
implementor since how would we know when to ignore namespaces and when to
make use of them?

	Cheers,

	Matthew